This treatment isn’t as messy as it sounds.
1. Oatmeal is well known for treating skin disorders such as eczema and dryness.
2. It is also rich in B vitamins and Beta-glucan, which softens and protects your hair follicles.
3. If you suffer from dandruff, a sore scalp from over processing, or any inflammation or sunburn on your scalp, this will sooth, treat, condition and protect both your hair, and scalp.
I have been very guilty of over processing my hair in the past *eeps* or bleaching my roots too frequently.
This is so soothing and feels cool on your scalp!
1. In your food processor, pulse about 1/2 cup oatmeal until it is a powder. This way, you don’t have a big mess in your sink or bathtub, and you don’t have oats stuck in your hair.
2. Add about 1/4-1/2 cup of warm water, and a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil, which will aid in nourishing your hair, and soothing your irritated scalp.
3. Lather mask on to the top of your head, and massage into your scalp.
I suggest leaving in this mask for around 10 minutes, to get the full effects. This treatment is safe to do on a weekly basis.
Your hair will be silky soft, not oily, and not caked on with oatmeal. Your scalp will be soothed from irritants.
DIY treatments are for mild irritation or discomfort. The earth provides us with some awesome materials, but doctors know best!